Earphones (NOT In Ear)

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by elletricote, Feb 24, 2009.

1. elletricote

elletricote New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I've searched previous earphone threads but I am specifically looking for recommendations for earphones that are not In Ear (I know I would get better sound with In Ear but I don't like them). Price up to about £20.00.

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. danielbritt

danielbritt New Member

i use these...

Sony MDR-V600

i have been using them for about 15 years both in and out of the DJ booth. currently, i use them at my desk with my 2G touch

3. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. khage123

khage123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    get the skullcandy headphones their like 100 dollars but its worth it, its just like the headphones blocks out sound but its like headphones, its awesome
  5. mrfajita

mrfajita New Member

Do not buy skullcandy, and neither of you even listened to he wanted EARPHONES, NOT IN EAR.

Never buy skull candy. They look nice but sound like crap. I would recommend Sony for standard earbuds, before I used In Ears I always used the Sony ones. a bit fragile but cheap and sound good.
  6. linkhero

linkhero New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    even if he or I needed headphones that block out sound, I wouldn't pay 100 dollars for that jacked up price, I bought similar headphones like that for 30 dollars (sony), anyway, I suggest getting 2XL, my current headphones, they're pretty bad at staying in your ear though, meaning they can fall off easily, quite annoying but its pretty good
  7. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

I would say those are "headphones" and "earphones" are the in ears. Haha.

Uhm. I like the SkullCandy headphones. My brother had them for a while.

Though I personally have the SkullCandy in ears.

8. elletricote

elletricote New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As I see it there are headphones, outer-ear earphones and in-ear earphones. (I forgot about headphones when posting so thanks for the recommendation but I can't wear them when commuting as I feel a right numpty and need to be able to hear what's happening around me).

Thanks for the recommendations, Sony does seem to be good. I am currently using the Sony one's that came with my Sony walkman mobile, they seem pretty good but I'd like something better. I also have some Sennheiser MX300s but they keep falling out of my ears and that drives me crazy. I will look at the Sony range.

p.s. not that it matters particularly but I am a she not a he!