Earphone suggestions

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Nintendork, May 25, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so my birthday is in three months, and I want new earphones because the padding on the right earphone of the earphones I currently have came off a long time ago, revealing its hard plastic, and it feels loose and uncomfortable in my ear. Here is a picture of the ones I have:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any good earphones out there anyone can suggest to me? Or is there any way to get a new rubber padding for my right earphone?
  2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You know there is a whole section dedicated to headphones right? *Sigh* it's so unloved. Anyways a budget would be nice, as well as music preference and intended use (portable, at home, professional). Looking at your picture it's pretty obvious that they're for portable use.
  3. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, I didn't.

And I'll just be using them for listening to music on my iPod. Music preference would be metal.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you can afford them, get some senheisers. Everything they have is epically fantastic that I've tried. If not go with some generic in-ear buds. They'll have the next best sound quality to actual headphones, sometimes better, for around $20.
  5. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You know, I'm thinking I'll just stick with the default earphones that came with my iPod. They have great sound, and they're not as hard to put in my ear as my previous earphones where. The only cons are that they can very easily come out, and they're not as cool looking as my green and black earphones were. But eh...

What do you people think? Or are there earphones that are better? I see no problem with the default ones.
  6. solidness

solidness Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Terrible quality? I just tested them today, and the sound was literally crystal-clear high-definition (at least in my opinion). If that's terrible quality, I can't imagine what the Sennheisers or other better earphones will sound.

The Sennheisers look nice; I'll probably get them. Still open to more suggestions, though.

On second thought, I'm gonna stick with my Apple earphones. They have excellent quality in my opinion. Don't care what others say. They are good earphones to me. And the Sennheisers are a bit expensive.
  8. iLucky

iLucky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If your looking for cheaper headphones I have phillips virtual surround sound. They are very nice sound quality and they are 20 bucks. Also if you seen the ones on the front page they are 100 dollars I dont know how the quality is but they look nice. They are boqari(?) or something like that. Look through the news archive if you dont know what im talking about.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    For metal i'd say the default headphones would be fine.

The reason why people dislike the default iBuds is that they're sound is more or less neutral. All different instruments and levels of sound (I'm writing this how it comes to my head, so it may not make so much sense) are essentially played at the same volume, which is what you've set with your player of choice. I guess to simplify, they make music flat, there's no depth to the sound.

However, I've recently noticed that when I listen to metal the sound is already fairly flat. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, there just isn't as much depth as other forms of music might.

I think I could elaborate on all the above/simplify it if anyone is interested. So for your needs the iBuds will probably be perfectly fine. I know that 80% of the time they're what I use and I have no complaints.

Anyways if you're still keeping your options open, the JVC Marshmallows are often praised as some of the best earbuds/IEMs for under $100, and they'll only set you back $15. Better yet, you can mod them (very easily, google it) to significantly improve the SQ and I've heard they're very comfy.
  10. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I might actually sometimes prefer the flatness, because I have this one song where the cymbals are ten times louder than anything else in the song. And in one of my other songs, the double bass is very loud, but the rest of the song isn't as loud.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. I'll give the iBuds a chance. I've never used them yet besides the little test I did with them today on one of my songs.

Edit: I don't like the Apple earphones. They don't stay in my ear, especially the left one, and I don't like the sound quality.

Edit 2: I got some $9.99 Sony earclip earphones, and they're great.