early adoption ftw

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by fury, Oct 10, 2007.

1. fury

fury New Member

Hi all. I just picked up a 16 gig after playing around a bit with an 8 gig. This thing fills in the missing piece in my entertainment collection. I have an HDTV, a Wii, a powerful desktop PC, and a Lenovo X60 tablet with the optional resistive touch screen in addition to the Wacom. It is the most usable computer I've ever known.

The iPod touch with its small but big form factor fills in the gap in entertainment stuff that the tablet is not so practical for. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. It is taking a bit of getting used to, but it is by a large margin the coolest and easiest mobile device I've ever used. I can't wait hardly, for apple to roll out a device like this in a tablet pc sized form factor. This iPod is more responsive than anything else of its size, and I've used a few in my short time as an intern dealing with PDA integration in a car audio testing system. I am starting to love the keyboard which I am already starting to type pretty fast on, with two fingers from one hand. It is faster than I can type on my tablet pc touch screen, though there's really not a way to compare due to the world of difference between capacitive and resistive, and of course screen size.

Anyways, enough talking about what y'all already know about it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I run a game online and that's about it. I am taking a break from college since I wasn't doing too well at this semester. I'm taking web development. I'm particularly interested in mobile device friendly web design now.

2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Welcome!

It seems like you already got used to the touch keyboard! You may hold the record for the longest post written on a touch

3. fury

fury New Member

Oh, you should have seen the one I had typed up before, but it was lagging up the browser a bit and the podcast I was listening to locked up. So I switched back to resume it. Then when I opened safari again, it lost the post

so I had to type it up again and it wasn't as good. (reminds me of a mac switch ad...

)