Earbuds/static

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SugarBob62, Apr 28, 2009.

1. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I've had my Ipod for a few weeks now, but just finally got all the music on it, and synched from iTunes.

Other than the fact that earbuds suck!!! And hurt my ears...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've noticed that my headphone plug/hole is very touchy. Like is the plug not supposed to go all the way in, snug? Because mine only goes so far...and then it's very easily bumped resulting in static. And it comes out VERY easily, then causing the music to stop playing.

I mean I guess it would be ok if its just sitting on something, but if I were to say put it in my pocket, I'm sure it would get all staticy and probably fall out. Like the music pauses and then I have to hit play again. Should it be like that? And the music just doesn't sound like I thought it would...not very clear.

And I even tried an old pair of regular headphones and it does the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem, or is something like wrong with mine?

Also...I thought you were able to listen to music and do other things on your Ipod, like play games and stuff while you listen? Well if I'm listening to music and then open a game, the music stops. Even if I don't enable sounds for the game, there is still no music. Can you not do those 2 things at once?
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    go to the apple store, to let them look at it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Slasher115

Slasher115 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Walmart also has the iPod Touch headphones but the name of them are called iPhone Headphones for some reason $30
  4. SugarBob62

SugarBob62 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well I didn't get it at an Apple store, I got it at Costco does that matter? I mean I can just go there and exchange it, no biggy. But I wanted to make sure that sounded like a problem. Or am I just not shoving the plug in all the way? lol Like it makes me not even want to listen to music through it, just listen to the music on my computer on iTunes...and theat defeats the purpose of a $300 music listening thing, haha.

Like I can still see part of the metal, plug part when it's plugged in, is the metal part supposed to go in all the way? Because it comes out very easily. Like I thought you should kinda have to pull it out, not just lightly tug it and it comes right out. I think that's what the problem is. And that's what is making it staticy, like the connection isn't good, or all the way or something. But I feel like I can't put it in any further, like it doesn't go in any more.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh wow hahahhahaaha I'm stupid....

I just tried AGAIN and pop! It went in all the way. I was afraid to try and push them in further before, because it seemed like it wouldn't go in. Now it's like clicked in, and no static! haha So now I see no metal part on the plug.

I still was wondering though about the listening to music while playing games and stuff, are you not able to do that? The music stops playing/pauses when I open games.

And these still hurt my ears badly...I need to find something better. I feel like I'm at the doctors or something with some painful thing shoved in my ear opening lol