Earbuds problem

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by nitrogen521, Oct 21, 2010.

1. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So I tried over 10ear buds and there is a problem with it.

All the earbuds I tried the left earbud fits tighter than my right.

If I put earbuds on my right, it feels like nothing is on there, but I still hear sound which can be uncomfortable.

Anyone know how to make my right earbud a bit tighter Like not having the feeling of nothing is there?

Also, my right ear hear volume lowers than my left because it doesn't stay still.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, for earbuds, you can try putting some earbud cushions on the right side to make it a bit bigger. For in-ears, you can use a bigger tip. Or if anything, you could get a pair of headphones. You can also get custom-made in-ears, but those are crazy expensive.
  3. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You see when I put in my earbuds, the right side is a bit loose. Idk why, I looked in the mirror it looks exactly like my left side, but the right side has less volume. I don't really like in ears, feels uncomfortable.

I know I'm not going dead because

1. I passed the Ear sound exam.

2. I have Over the ear headphones, and same volume.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Lol, you won't be able to tell if your right ear is bigger than the left by just looking at it. That'll only work if it's significantly bigger. Like I said, if you the right side is loose, then use earbud cushion(s) to make them fit better. Otherwise, just use headphones.
  5. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I guess I will use earbud cushion.

At first I was freaking out because I thought I'm losing my hearing at such young age. :|

I'm looking up retailers store that sell these cushion. Do you know where I can find them at cheap price?
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

If you don't mind purchasing online, ebay should have cheap ones.
  7. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Foam Cuhion should do the job right?
  8. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem, it's uncomfortable in my right ear because it doesn't fit properly. I just thought I was weird though!
  9. nitrogen521

nitrogen521 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sucks for us

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I would say to get a pair of replacement cushions, made of foam, like ear-plugs. You squeeze to make them smaller, you put them in your ears, then they expand, and form to your ears. It's the best thing next to custom fit. It kinda is custom fit, just not.

A pair of three is $15-$20 on Amazon.com, depending on what color you get. (Black or white, to match your headphones.) I am getting some for my Sony EX-300's. Their hybrid silicon ear tips are already awesome, but the large one's are too big, and the medium ones are just large enough to stay in... So a "custom fit" would be nice to me too...