Earbuds for sleeping in?

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by dlstc, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I like to take naps. But I must have quiet. Using noise cancelling headphones, and a white noise app, I can get a great nap. However, I'm having a hard time finding headphones that are comfortable for sleeping in and that are relatively cheap ($20 or so), as they will take some wear and tear. Sound quality really isn't an issue, as it's just for white noise, not music.

The biggest problem is the length of the ear bud itself. It has to be micro. I've considered buying acoustibuds and attaching them to my official Apple earbuds, as I currently have three pairs collecting dust in a drawer.

I prefer my Sennheisers but won't sleep in them. My Creatives ep830 do okay and are relatively cheap, but I'm looking for a better solution.

Any ideas?

TIA
  2. jakey103

jakey103 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't have any but I've heard that JVC Marshmallows are very comfortable. Very cheap too.
  3. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ummm...Maybe dre. Beats?
  4. CocaCola

CocaCola New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    "Cheap" and "Not so awful I want to gauge my eyes out" are requirements I think.

I can't say I recommend any buds for napping, specially if you sleep on your side. But +1 to the JVCs. They're decent overall buds. Never napped in them before. For some people they get uncomfortable for long periods of time. Marshmallows also focus on sound quality, so you might wanna find some buds that focus 100% on comfort and sound awful. They're usually a good price.
  5. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

Ideal buds for sleeping would be buds that lie flat in the ear.

Unfortunately, almost all are very expensive.

Try out the M6's from meelec.com (I have these, very nice when lying down)

Also, maybe the Elago M3's, and jvc aircushion?
  6. Tikker

Tikker Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I nap with my zagg buds all the time

Theyve got a variety of buds to suit your ear and the cable attaches to your neck nicely for napping. It's hard to explain but I think zagg has videos up
  7. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ideally you could get a custom IEM with a low profile shell, but that is at least 25 times your budget.

You're probably going to be good with a dynamic driver without a lot of driver flex. I hear the Marshmallows are indeed a good choice.