ear piece

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 123qwesz, Apr 28, 2008.

1. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Help me!
    Recently I have been hearing a couple of songs then now my ear piece could only play songs on the right side!
    the left one doesnt play at all ...
  2. beezy

beezy New Member

test it on another peice fo hardware, see of both work, if the problem is still there, its prob ur earpeice with the prob, either get a new one or return it or warrenty..
  3. Ryoto

Ryoto New Member

even if they aren't broken, get a new earphone. the ones that come with iPods are piece of sh*ts... they have no base at all and sound quality sucks. get Sony ex51 or 71. they are really good noise cancelling earphones and u will notice a huge difference in sound quality.
  4. pk1991

pk1991 New Member

yeah this is actually happening to me too and i already handed my ipod in once becuse i had some crashing problem

Please Register or Log in to view images

;; -before i used jail break-

but for some reason nothing works on the left side on any listening system such as speakers, headset, ect... only left side doesnt work

Please Register or Log in to view images

;;;;
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah you might have faulty headphones. Are they the original iPod headphones out of the box, or a different set? This usually happens on a cheap set of headphones. Before I purchased an iPod I used a small mp3/mp4 player, although the headphones that came with it out of the box were very cheap, comparable to dollar store headphone quality, and quickly broke after only a few days. First the right side went, followed by the left side.

You can alternatively purchase a new set of Apple headphones for $29.99 USD at the Apple Store (US). (store.apple.com)
  6. 123qwesz

123qwesz Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yea, I have been using the ear pieces that came along with the ipod touch. First it was the rubber thingy that came off, then the ear piece didn't have sound...

On a side topic, any solutions to covering up the badly scratched chrome back of the ipod touch? I read the brushing using a scrub one but I don't dare to do it. Any other ideas?