E3: What do you think?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Vince, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay guys, I know there's a million threads on E3 right now. I want this to be not so much a coverage thread, but a "Here's what I saw and here's what I think about it."

Today I've been watching G4's coverage on EA and Ubisoft, and I'm very excited for Star Wars: The Old Republic, one of the greatest trailer's I've ever seen. Ghost Reacon: Future Soldier (or whatever it's called) looks like the gameplay is absolutely fantastic, I've not been a fan of previous installments but I'm pumped for this. Both games I knew about from the getgo, but seeing them shine in the spotlights really made them "must gets" for me.

I also saw the debut of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and of course that meets my expectations and I will be buying it for sure.

I'm a bit disappointed (specifically with Ubisoft) of their focus on motion based games. Most of them honestly seem like bad ideas.

Anyways I know I'll be updating this on a daily basis, to me it's a list of the "things I need to remember from E3 2010." Please feel encouraged to add your own comments, it might change my opinion on things.

UPDATE: Haven't been following along or just want a summary? Qaiz has it covered. Check here.

Also, out of the trailers I was interested in, I'm both eagerly awaiting and dreading Metal Gear Solid: Rising. It seems as though they've taken the gun element out and basically made it into a Raiden hack n slash. So I'm really disappointed. At the same time, that's incredibly badass and I want to engage in it.
  2. inspired

inspired Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I think Black Ops is going to take a massive sh*t on MW2.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

it neeeeeeeeeeds simplicity... that's the key.. mw2 was way too hectic with all the airsupport. that's why i LOVE cod 4..
  4. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Bulletstorm = Game of the Show so far.

"You scared the dick off me"
  5. Led

Led Banned

Not bad.
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Unfortunately I missed the Bulletstorm portion of EA's coverage. Otherwise I'm fairly certain I'd of included it.

Please refrain from any Black Ops v MW2 comments. We have threads for that.
  7. inspired

inspired Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hehe sorry Vince. Other than CoD I was really interested in the Xbox Slim.
  8. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am pumped for Sony and Nintendo's press conferences, mostly Sony but Nintendo's is always interesting especially with the 3DS and all. Black-ops looks interesting. For some reason i am really excited for Little Big Planet 2 even though i haven't even played all the through of the first one

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm eagerly anticipating The Old Republic. The trailers are absolutely breathtaking.
  10. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know right? Although watching the trailer for The Old Republic made me miss Battlefront and Republic Commando. I'd really like to see another Star Wars fps.