E3- Nintendo 3DS

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Jun 15, 2010.

1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I remember looking over images of the FCC prototype with a magnifying glass, and now Nintendo is showing it off at its E3 press conference.The new 3D portable console from Nintendo is indeed called Nintendo 3DS. So there is no change in the initial name that Nintendo revealed a while ago.

The Nintendo 3DS has two screens like the DS and DSi. The bigger screen measures 3.5-inch. The cool part of the 3DS is that you do not need glasses. The 3DS has a slider to adjust the degree of the 3D effect.

"a solution that lets you take 3D gaming along with you wherever you go"

The Nintendo 3DS is able to play 3D movies from Hollywood studios. Basically you get a 3.5-inch 3D TV with the 3DS.

There is also an analog stick on the side there, as well as what Nintendo is calling a "Slide Pad." There is a gyro, motion sensor, it's compatible with DSi games, and has two cameras enabling 3D photos. Nintendo is also talking up partnerships including Disney, games that are said to be playable today, at the show, with one of the highlights being a new Kid Icarus game which looks quite action-packed to say the least -- and has better graphics than most of the Wii titles Nintendo has shown thus far. Nintendo has mentioned the 3DS will have the "biggest launch support ever" from third party devs, and a 3D Nintendogs should be a huge seller -- if only because it has cats too. Other games include Madden, Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil, a Batman title, Splinter Cell, and, finally, a Metal Gear Solid entry.

The 3DS will also seek out WiFi hotspots or other 3DS systems "without you knowing," which sounds a bit ominous, to be honest. Systems can communicate regardless of which games are being played. It can even pull in new DLC directly from other consoles, all without a monthly fee.

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Qaiz why the hell did you make your own thread when there's another one right below it?

Anyways I like this one better. I'm super excited for the 3DS, I wanted them to announce a LoZ title for it though. It'll be hard for Sony to take outdo Nintendo with the PSP2 but I'm looking forward to that as well.

The one thing Nintendo never announced was the one thing I really wanted, a price.
  3. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Because His only has one line in it:/ lol

His thread is a discussion thread, mine is an informative thread

2 different things