E3 news?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Led, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Led

Led Banned

I've been gone for 2 weeks out of the country and missed all of e3. Any amazingly awesome you-have-to-hear-this news?
  2. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

I seen the xbox 360 is getting a new dashboard and avatars are coming out for it also.
    I also heard that Bungie epic failed because they were supposed to show something at E3 but didn't.
    Also as you probably could have guessed animal crossing is finally coming to the wii. Don't know when but it is. It's called Animal Crossing City Folk I think.
    Theres tons more but I haven't had time to fully investigate.
    Gametrailers.com has some stuff on E3

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not many new games displayed. Final Fantasy XIII is to be an Xbox 360 game. That was Microsoft's big announcement, alongside a total dashboard upgrade and some really nice demo's of Gears of War 2, Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3.

Sony showed a nice demo of Resistance 2, showed a CGI teaser for God of War 3 and ended with a CGI teaser for a new game called M.A.G (Massive Action Game (seriously...)) which has a lot of potential, featuring over 200 players online.

Nintendo had a really weak conference, showing only Animal Crossing for the core gamers which looked like the DS title, Wii Sports 2 which featured sports nobody cares about (Their signature sport demo was frisbee throwing and cutting pencils with swords) and an embarrassing demonstration of Wii Music which literally involves swinging the Wii remote around totally randomly and pressing buttons totally randomly to play a midi tune.

Outside of the big 3 conferences there were brilliant demo's of Mirrors Edge and Prince of Persia

Bungie was also scheduled to announce a new Halo game. They had a countdown on their site leading to the reveal which later turned into an apology claiming that their Publisher (Microsoft) had decided to not go ahead with the announcement. Don Mattrick, an Xbox exec, later confirmed that Bungie were infact to announce a new Halo game but Microsoft decided that they had enough talent on show and to keep the announcement for another event so to not overshadow the Gears 2 demonstration or the Final Fantasy XIII 360 announcement.
  4. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Apple is releasing their new console, the iGamer this November! Its amazing!! The graphics are SO much better than 360 and PS3. And it was the FIRST time theres been an Apple keynote at E3!

I cant wait!!

If you believe ANY of that you're crazy AND stupid

5. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    E3 sucked hard this year, many many people will not be returning unless they dramatically change. Bungie copped out and there were no hardware announcements, only games. ALSO the long anticipated price drop of the ps3 did not happen as everyone speculated (fail). The pretty much only amazing thing was the Final Fantasy 13 announcement, which will be multi platformed (ps3 and 360) this is the final blow pretty much to sony and a big step forward for square soft. Again as always 360 > ps3 and watching paint dry > this years E3
  6. Led

Led Banned

I checked ign for about an hour and the only thing that remotely interested me was Mirror's Edge and Far Cry 2.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also thank you inaudiblewhisper for your in depth quick review. I'd rep you but, we all know how that turned out

7. GodLikeJC

GodLikeJC Member

8. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

This years E3 was a let-down to me. I liked the iPhone SDK showing a lot more.
  9. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Nintendo's conference sucked. They showed Animal Crossing: City Folk, Wii Music, and a tropical-themed Wii Sports which uses a 1:1 motion sensing attachment (which should've been in the Wiimote in the first place)

Sony's conference was okay. They showed LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, a bunch of PSP ports, and MAG, which is the same exact thing as SOCOM except on a bigger scale. Can anyone say LAG?

Microsoft's was the most bearable out of the three. They showed off Gears of War 2, Fable 2, and new peripheral based games like You're In The Movies (An EyeToy style game that doesn't suck), and Lips, which is basically SingStar except you can use your own iPod/Zune songs. Then out of nowhere, Final Fantasy 13 was announced.
  10. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

I am seriously thinking that Fable 2 will be a let down. Guns? That ruins it.