iOS 4.0 Dynamic_Pager plist for iOS4?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mitsugaru, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Is there an updated version of this plist for iOS4 devices? From what I can gather, since the command has slightly changed because of the updated OS X base. Due to this, the old plist is causing major issues, so far as apps forcing the device to restart.

I understand that iMemory Enhancer was updated for 4.0, but it doesn't work for all devices, such as my iPod touch 2nd gen.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as this old 2nd gen iPod touch just can't handle well at all without the swap space.
  2. Arths

Arths New Member

It works fine with my iPod Touch 2G

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, lucky you. For me it freezes on boot. Are there dependencies for this package that aren't mentioned?
  4. Arths

Arths New Member

I don't think so. Though I installed it trought this repo:

http://gumballtech.com/cydia

Maybe they have an updated version of it

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No, they don't. So, now I'm stuck with a partially restored iPod because iTunes is being stupid and didn't do the job right <.<

I'm better off either waiting for someone to make a new plist version compatable for iOS 4, or trying to play with the command and fix it up myself. Honestly though, I really don't see much of a difference between the old command and the new command. I can't see why it shouldn't work as it is, but it doesn't.
  6. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

Ya I need this now that I got multitasking and wallpaper.......if anybody find one, please let is know
  7. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, I need this just to have some regular apps even function. For example, Pulse feed reader crashes on start even though this is factory default 4.0. Without virtual memory, this old iPod touch just can't handle some apps period.

EDIT: I'm trying something out. I'll let you all know of my results.
  8. FluffyofDoom

FluffyofDoom Member

Yah some of my apps also crash when I just leave it there
  9. Mitsugaru

Mitsugaru New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Small update on what I've tried.

I read somewhere that in the transition from firmware 3.x to 4.x, Apple changed the base code from Leopard to Snow Leopard (10.5 -> 10.6). I checked the com.apple.dyanmic_pager.plist of Snow Leopard and noticed that it had two extra items that the current iPhone plist version did not have: EnableTransactions and HopefullyExitsLast. Both are boolean values, and were true on OS X.

Unfortunately, adding the values to the iPhone version and enabling them did nothing. In fact, it actually sorta broke the plist for some weird reason and no longer made the swap file.

Sorry, but I've had no headway really. Quite frankly, the command is the same as the one in the old plist, but it just refuses to play nicely.