DX10 and Macbook air

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by swillard8, Jan 18, 2008.

1. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Hey there, i just read the Air has the Intel GMA X3100 graphics and on wikipedia it says:

So if i get the macbook air, and dual book vista with OSX (maybe hard with no cd drive but il find a way) would it run DX10 well enough to play new DX10 game e.g. Crisys and World in Conflict?
  2. Sourcerer.23

Sourcerer.23 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can use optical drives from another computers, or that's what I understood from Mac keynote. End IMHO even if it does support DX10, the CPU won't suffice for Crysis or World in Conflict, but hell, what do I know? Check their min. specs required to know.
  3. buffonitaly

buffonitaly New Member

No the Macbook Air will definitely not play Crysis or any other DX10 game. Just because it has a DX10 capable graphics card doesn't mean DX10 games will run. Think about it, will it run on a 1.8 GHz PC with an integrated graphics card? No. The Macbook Air is not made for games.
  4. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

*sigh* guess il be getting a rock lappy then!
  5. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  6. buffonitaly

buffonitaly New Member

Ya that computer's ok, but the graphics cards are outdated, especially with the nVidia 9800's coming out soon. You could put one together yourself for about half the price.
  7. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

wow quad sli, if i were to get a desktop id rather custom built cause its cheaper. i was looking for a lappy for 6th form next year @ skl.