DVD to iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sainths, Mar 23, 2009.

1. sainths

sainths New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Any recommended free software to convert dvd to ipod touch? With subtitles of course. I've googled n most of them r not free. Hope to have as much answers as possible, so we can also share it with other users too.
    Thx in advance.
  2. PwnTouch101

PwnTouch101 Banned

3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

I'm assuming you're on Windows.
    1. Rip DVD's to HDD. DVDShrink from here.
    2. Convert DVD files to MP4. Handbrake from here.
  5. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    this is actually illegal...

(under the digital rights protection act)
  6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G

absolutely. i find it funny in this forum that there's (supposedly) a strict piracy policy, yet peeps easily talk about DVD ripping and game ROM sharing like it's all legal and above board.

ok, i know dvd ripping and game roms aren't illegal per se, but we all know what the gig is.
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The rule is that we do not allow discussion of illegal/pirated material at ipodtouchfans. If you own the CDs/DVDs or ROMs then the legality of making/owning back-ups is a grey area that is unlikely to be punished here.

If you can't make the distinction between this and posting links or providing advice on how to obtain these things when you don't own the original then I would suggest you take a quick look at the legal paragraph in the Wikipedia article here. Educate yourselves.

However, note that under the DMCA circumventing technological protection measures is illegal. So discussion of methods for doing this would also be against the IPTF rules.
  8. anniebehrman

anniebehrman New Member

What I am using is Pavtube DVD to iPod Converter. It can rip DVD to MP4, DVD to H.264, MP3, WAV, M4A, and AAC; perfectly help you convert DVD to iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, iPod touch, iPod mini, iPod U2, etc.

However, this is not a freeware. I think in order to get good quality and good service, sometimes we have to pay and I believe it's worth the money.

I prefer the progam as its after-sale service is good. Last month, I encountered a problem and sent it to them, they replied and solved my problem on time.

So I think when choosing an appropriate program for ourselves, we should consider not only its quality, functions, but also its after-sale service.