DVD to iPod Touch Help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by debase, Jan 11, 2009.

1. debase

debase New Member

Hi,

I am having trouble and I would highly appreciate any help you can give me! I mean that with all my heart! LOL

Okay,

I have used Vedeora and Handbrake. Below I'll talk about both.

Handbrake
    -I make it the full way through and select my DVD and it's destination and the set the preset to "ipod touch" and press start, the black box for encoding comes up and counts down very slowly....some where along the line, handbrake closes it self but the encoding box keeps going....then once the encoding counts right down and it's 100% done and the timer says 00.00.00 it just STAYS there.....nothing happens, the file is NOT on my desktop, which is where I asked it to go.

Vedeora
    With Videora i can get through the decryping using dvddecryper and then I am able to follow through with the converting process in Vedeora where it THEN leaves the converted file on my desktop. It has a little iTunes logo on the file that says mpeg4.

I CAN NOT get the file into iTuens no matter what I try.

I can drag the file fine, but if I try to drop the file i nthe movie playlist nothing happens. I've also tried goign by the "file - add file to library" option and also right clicking on the file in the desktop and selecting "open with - iTunes" IT actually opens UP iTunes but the file it self doesn't load.

If anyone can help PLEASE do so, I would highly appreciate it, I've spent HOURS trying to get this to work. i'm extremely frustrated.

Thank you.

D.
  2. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure about the current situation, but I use Cucusoft Dvd to iPod converter. It has never failed for me and produces high quality videos.
  3. debase

debase New Member

Thanks, I looked into that program iand you have to pay for it. The majority of people are using free programs.
  4. The_Hams

The_Hams New Member

I've never had a problem with Handbrake, but some DVDs have anti-piracy things that prevent you from ripping them. What DVD are you trying to rip?