Dust?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Valgua, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Valgua

Valgua New Member

Hi all!

I have just discovered that I will end up with an extra $230 this month so I would like to buy an Ipod Touch 2G 8gb. However, I've read a lot of messages here and there about dust behind the screen. This scares me a bit. I am a picky person when it comes to technology. So here are the questions:

1) Is the phenomenon very common or is it just something that happens once in a blue moon?

2) What's Apple's policy? Do they repair/change the ipod, like the they do for light leaks?
  2. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have never heard of this myself, but if there is dust behind the screen, you could most likely return it under the 1 year warranty

Please Register or Log in to view images

Go for it
  3. Valgua

Valgua New Member

I think I will. I already own an ipod nano (3G) but I would like to have a much bigger screen to watch movies while I am on the train or in airports.
    In your experience, is Apple "generous" when it comes to return policies? Do they, on a regular basis, take back an ipod for light-leaks or dust under the screen or other "minor" (but they don't feel so minor when they actually happen, do they?) aesthetic issues? I am going to spend a relatively generous amount of money and I want the product to be as perfect as it can possibly be.
  4. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    GO FOR iT (lower case "i" on purpose)