Dust under screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by junior2oo, Mar 21, 2009.

1. junior2oo

junior2oo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    AGHH, I've only had my iTouch 2 months and theres already so much dust in it that I can barely see out of the left side! I've gotten a case, but the dust is just so effing annoyng. Has anyone come up with a good fix for this?
    I heard about using air compressors and some sort of "Electron shooter" but I can't get my hands on any of those?

I bought it off ebay so I doubt I can take it to apple, but when I got it the screen was perfect!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if you still have the 1 year warrenty, you can take it to apple to have them look at it. I dont know for sure if it is covered but if you say it makes the left side impossible to see, it might be worth it.

Also, using lint-free cloth might help deter the build-up of dusts. But buy compressed air if you can, i hear it works great
  3. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

It does.
  4. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How do you use it once you get it? Like how do you put it in the screen to remove the dust, take the whole screen off?
  5. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nah just aim at the edge where the screen ends and the rest of the front-plate meet. AND SHOOT i think....=/
  6. Tturner

Tturner New Member

I bought my brother one about 6 months ago from an Apple Store. Same problem. My brother took it to an Apple store and they replaced it no questions asked. They didn't even ask for a receipt, they just looked at the serial number. I don't know if that proves it was bought though the Apple Store or not but... its worth a try, the worst they can happen is they say no.
  7. Imitation

Imitation New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea. The serial number is in one of their databases signifying the day it was built.