Dust under screen, take to apple store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by magnum72, Oct 26, 2009.

1. magnum72

magnum72 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought an iPod Touch 2g off of a friend. It may be stolen but I am not 100 percent sure. Now it has dust under the screen. I am thinking about taking it to the Apple store... do you think they will replace it? will they just turn me away, and do they check serial numbers?
    Magnum72
  2. Utzz

Utzz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, they do check serial numbers. When you buy an iPod, legitally, Apple registers it on the spot...you know...to help deter thieves who think it might be alright to take a might be stolen iPod back into the store because they got dust under the screen.
  3. badbrad420

badbrad420 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    When I bought my 3GS after a couple weeks I noticed dust and there was some smudge marks under the screen and was it totally noticeable and they had no prop giving me a brand new one no Q's asked, right after they inspected it visually and no they did not check serial #'s only asked for receipt. So just go buy a new one, Then take the OLD one back with in a few Hours/Minutes and say you are unhappy with it and you want your money back... You don't have to say why just you don't like it and want your money to buy something else. They will ask you for a name, receipt and phone # so be prepared with a good one, make sure to clean it good and smile for the camera..LOL or just keep the old one and love it for what it is.