Dust under 3g[s] screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beefstrudel, Oct 26, 2009.

1. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay, I just noticed today that there's a spec of dust a little above the "slide to unlock" part of the screen... It's really bugging me and I had the same problem with my iPod touch 2g... But I thought maybe the 3gs would be BUILT A LITTLE BETTER.... It must have happened today or yesterday because I just noticed it. The iPhone is in my jeans pocket when I'm not using it. Anyway.... To my question.... Should I go to apple and get it replaced? I'm worried they'll give me one with the new bootrom
  2. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Then don't get it replaced. My iPt2G has a bunch of dust under the screen. I really don't care though. If it bugs you, try one of these two things:

1. Take it to apple, and have them replace it. :/
    2. Try to clean it yourself.

Trust me, if you don't do either, you'll get used to it. It's not really a problem. If the screen comes off though... xD
  3. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If it was an iPod touch I would be so mad but I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years and I want it to be a quality device, not a piece of sh*t with dust behind the screen. My old cheap dumbphone never got dust behind the screen....

Is there any way they will just replace the screen and not the whole phone?
  4. div^

div^ New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i bet replacing the screen will get them more cost then simply giving you a new one ...
  5. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well, In this case, I guess I could ask for a refurb.... even though I'd rather have a new one.
    I think I'll probably wait until more dust gets under it OR the new bootrom has an untethered jailbreak.. which ever comes first. What would you do? Im stuck...
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    They'll replace the screen if you schedule a Genius appointment. I had dust under mine and expected a refurb, but lo and behold, only the screen was swapped. Took about five minutes.
  7. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    okay, badass, I hope thats what happens when I eventually take it in.... Do you think the screen replacement will also fix the screen on the left side where its uneven with the metal bezel? Because I want that fixed too, I've been overlooking it but now with this dust and everything I might as well try and get it all fixed.
  8. rex450se

rex450se Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but maybe it will help prevent this. I also keep my phone in my jeans pocket and noticed a lot of dust collecting on the bottom speakers and connector. Is there a good way to clean this area? Maybe a good clean once a week would prevent this from happening.

Victor
  9. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    refurbished iphones are actually better than new ones because each one goes through testing while with new ones only samples are tested