Dust IN screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Seijaku, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Seijaku

Seijaku Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So I got my new iPod Touch 32GB just a few hours ago, and what do I find out when I finally got a white screen?... a speck of dust IN the screen... that is, between the glass and the LCD... What do you think people? Should I return it? The speck of dust is as big as a dead pixel and very noticeable on light colors. (I've seen similar posts but they are like 1 and 2 years old)
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have this exact probelm and it's getting worse...
  3. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've heard of people out of warranty complaining about this at an Apple store and getting a free exchange.
  4. Seijaku

Seijaku Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Funny (and worst) thing is... the speck is right in the middle of the screen, and I discovered it just 1.5 hours after I took the iPod out of it case... so... I don't think it was my fault, right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway... Should I try to get an exchange on monday or tuesday?
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Who cares if it is your fault (well, it's not). Apple will without question give you a replacement. Likely refurbished but you won't know the difference. If you don't like what they give you, you can complain and they will make you happy. Apple is good about that. A 45 second phone call to Apple got my iPhone replaced for this issue.
  6. Seijaku

Seijaku Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay! Then I'll call them tomorrow and see what they tell me. By the way, I live in Argentina and things tend to work very different here

Please Register or Log in to view images

... but as you say, YoungGeekGuy, it's also Apple, and they just LOVE customer care.

Thank you for sharing your experiences! You all are so cool =)
  7. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I live in Ontario, Canada, Apple works the same world wide, and if not they do in North America for sure. I live right across the border though and Apple won't let me take my Canadian iPhone to the US Apple store. That kind of sucked and the closest one was about 20-30 minutes away in Michigan but in Ontario was 4 hours away in Toronto so that wasn't an option. Oh well, did it all through mail order and it was pretty quick except UPS being pussies and saying the weather was bad. All worked out except I can't jailbreak 4.0 now lol. They gave me back a phone with the old bootrom but already updated to 3.1.3, darn.
  8. Seijaku

Seijaku Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, back with some news. On Sunday I jailbroke my iPod, and then restored it to iOS4 just before taking it to the store where I bought it on Saturday. Everything went just fine. They gave me a new iPod. I think it was because the pic was very convincing xD. Thanks to the ones who encouraged me to ask for a new iPod! n.n

Attached Files: