Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Request

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Mikelx215, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Mikelx215

Mikelx215 New Member

Roguelikes aren't meant for touch screen devices. On the PC they require almost every button to serve two separate functions. We're not going to get a real roguelike (no offense GBA Powder) playable on the iPhone. Or are we?

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did some thinking and came up with a mock up for the interface of an iPhone port of the graphical version of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Say that three times fast. Movement is done by tapping. Potions, weapons, armors, scrolls, etc are activated from inventory. I also mapped the most important combat commands to the screen, seeing as you don't need to access your spellbook, your list of mutations or check your standing with your deity of choice every turn.

I'm not deluded: I don't think this will be an easy port, but DCSS is my all time favorite roguelike, and I hope some talented developer agrees.

I chose DCSS because it has an excellent graphical version with mouse support and is, in my opinion, an easy roguelike to get into.

http://crawl-ref.sourceforge.net/
  2. cloudywolf

cloudywolf New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thrilled to know I'm not the only one who wants other roguelike ports for iPhone.

iNethack was a blast, developers should look at the interface.

I always thought it would be cool to play DCSS or URW on the iPhone.

URW might be difficult considering lifetime liscence price and app price problems, but DCSS for iPhone sounds totally awesome!

DCSS is being updated too, there are 3 new religions added in the new 0.6.0 version

Please Register or Log in to view images