DUN through bluetooth to ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by lilpaintballer, Apr 24, 2009.

1. lilpaintballer

lilpaintballer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When the new firmware is release and bluetooth is unlocked on the 2g, do you think the ipod will be capable of bridging with a bluetooth phone and using its DUN similar to how you can use it with a laptop for internet everywhere although its only 11.1mbps. Only time will tell i suppose
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    That is a good idea... I didn't think of that. If that worked with my blackberry, I would consider a 2g touch.
  3. Sctt

Sctt New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You know what I'm excited for?

I remembered awhile back that the project "Pocket Gestures" had gone pretty well. If any of you know about that guy who uses the Wiimote for different things (head tracking, portable whiteboard, etc.), he also used reflective tape on his finger to send the IR back into the camera causing the Wiimote to detect his finger.

For those of you who don't know, the Wiimote sends all controls and the IR camera feed through bluetooth.

Pocket Gestures lets the user control the volume and switch songs just by scrolling up/down and side to side. Using the Wiimote (hopefully detected by bluetooth), I'd love to be able to control my iPods volume and song just by waving my finger in the air from across the room.
  4. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ya that would be cool. I am getting a new EV-DO phone june 5th when my contract expires for verizon. So i am looking forward to this because right now i have a 2g phone and it isn't even worth getting on the internet with that ha.
  5. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

"DUN through bluetooth to ipod touch" That is THE feature i'm hoping they will include.

I'm currently using a program called Joikuspot for my symbian mobile which turns it into a mobile wireless router that i can use to connect my Touch to over wifi and uses the symbian phones data connection.

This works perfectly however it is quite a drain on the batteries of both devices, i'm hoping bluetooth will be better for this
  6. andyvancool

andyvancool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you use the premium or light version?
  7. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

Hi Andy,

I use the premium version, the light version only works for the http protocol (web browsing) if you want to use it for emails, skype or other none http traffic you need the premium version.
  8. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think bluetooth takes more power. i might be wrong but also try a car charger
  9. davetgra

davetgra New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *Bump*

Have any of the Devs out there had a chance to test this out on the firmware that was released yesterday (06/08)? I have a 1st gen touch that I'd gladly replace with a 2nd gen if I could use it as a 'ghetto iphone' with my cell...
  10. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well, im not sure that bluetooth will be needed...

the new iphone will be able to just attach to a pc with the usb and share the internet connection - WITHOUT software.... I wonder what doors this will open with the touch