Dummy app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kjcapel, Dec 8, 2007.

1. kjcapel

kjcapel New Member

I was wondering if there is any way to make a dummy application that will not do anything at all. Can someone see if they can make one where the icon is clear and the app does absolutley nothing?

If this gets created, then it can be used as a "filler" app. If people want a full background with no applications on it and just the dock, it would help. The applications could then be stored on the second and third pages, while the same application could be put in all the application spots on the first page.

Thanks
  2. thesmidge

thesmidge New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, this may be only with mine, but I have one called demoapp thats hidden in customize and if i unhide it and launch it, it's just a black screen. You could also launch it from finder.
  3. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you install Dock, then hide all your apps using customise (apart from those in the dock), you can still access them by dragging the bottom corner. This will give you a completely blank background.
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

has anyone tried just creating a (insert whatever name you wish).app in the application folder and putting a blank icon in there?

or mayb it has to have sumthing in it telling it to open??
  5. joentg

joentg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you guys use summerboard customize and stacks and to a lot of tweaking you can get any backround any custom icon and a blank screen with the exception of the four apps on the dock(stacks will only work if there are four icons on the dock)
  6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I did that. It looked fine, but if you accidently press the blank spot, it crashes teh ipod unless you have some sort of actual coding in it.
  7. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

hmm that was wat i was afraid of, mayb sumone can just whip up a useless program then that everyone can put into dummy apps (all it would have to do is exist i guess, just so it doesnt crash the ipod

edit: wat am i tlkn about, y not just hide all the icons in customize it do exactly wat he wants, and make sure he has dock installed?
  8. eric_chaos

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just made one that works almost perfect. I took some screenshot app, and made that the main executable. I made a blank icon, name, and default picture. So if you press it by accident, it just shows no icons for a second, then it goes back to the springboard. For this purpose, it works fine. It just puts a blank screenshot in /private/var/tmp/.

The identifier btw is com.blank.blank

Here's it in action:

Please Register or Log in to view images

There's a blank spot in the dock

Attached Files:

9. sangesf

sangesf New Member

OH OH... PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THAT WALLPAPER!! I WANT IT!!
  10. eric_chaos

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There you go.

Attached Files: