Dumb question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iStealth, Oct 25, 2007.

1. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Well I didn't pay attention and didn't know that my touch wasn't coming with a charger.. (my dumb) I assume the other ipod chargers (firewire connections) will work fine.. i.e. there aren't any voltage differences that make it require different chargers?
  2. Scoobie10

Scoobie10 New Member

The Touch is coming with it's USB cord and will charge from your computer, printer or any USB connection with powers for that matter.
  3. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Yes - but is it ok to still use the older ipod chargers... I want to assume yes, cause I haven't read any different anywhere else..
  4. omnibus

omnibus New Member

I'm using a cheapie, hong kong knockoff A/C plug in charger that served me well with my 5th gen ipod. When it dies I'll order another one I can buy 6 of them for what apple charges for their "travel charger"
  5. KrayZieAsSPiNoy

KrayZieAsSPiNoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He's asking if he could use the wall charger that was in the package on older-generation iPods.

I think you can use it.
  6. iStealth

iStealth New Member

Just checked the apple website (should have started there first) it appears to be compatible per Apple (the firewire type charger that is)
  7. Deliveryboy

Deliveryboy New Member

[OT]
    Better be careful. I've heard stories about people's devices going up in smoke because they used a cheapie adapter!
    [END OT]