duke3d on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by uji, Jan 23, 2008.

1. uji

uji New Member

After recently trying that yeti3d game I was very impressed with the 3d rendering potential of the touch hardware, I personally don't see why games like duke nukem can't be ported over. I guess I'm posting this hoping that some amazing touch coder out there reads this and thinks it's also a good idea.
  2. bentnuts6

bentnuts6 New Member

Yea mate i would love duke to be on the touch but i doubt it will get made anytime soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. marvo

marvo New Member

is it open source? if not, it isnt going to happen unless someone has A LOT of free time on their hands to re create it from scratch.
  4. Katryss

Katryss Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i had the same thought. The duke 3D source has been available from 3D Realms for quite some time now. Shouldn't be too hard to get running. Would prefer on screen controls. As doom for the ipod is too hard to control. Hope someone takes up this challenge.
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I just did a piece on this specifically addressing the issue of control within the context of 3D first-person shooters and the problems inherent with them on a platform like the iPhone and Touch. In quick summary: It's possible, but it may not be the easiest thing or the most practical thing in the world to accomplish without making a few sacrifices and possibly using control schemes that not everyone may be happy with. I'd love to see Duke on the Touch, and I know it can handle it, but the controls will take a good amount of reworking and possibly a little getting used to.
  6. Thrash_648

Thrash_648 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    duke3d would be awesome.

i just got yeti 3d, runs wonderfully, and to have duke would be awesome.

i cant get doom to work tho, dont understand the wad stuff

can someone please pm me instructions (i have searched)

cheers

7. iStartTheMachine

iStartTheMachine New Member

yeah i love playing doom, and the wy yeti-3d and pacman-3d worked on the itouch makes it deffinatly a possibility
  8. MiG™

MiG™ New Member

No, of course not, would be a walk in the park. Only gotta re-write the drawing engine into opengl, create a software emulator for all the sound and figure out a half decent control scheme.

Easy!

9. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

heres a simple solution: Use the duke nukem 3-d genesis rom and it runs perfectly!