Dude wtf?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wasteland66, Jan 1, 2009.

1. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    what the hell this is very confusing i am begging for someone to tell me what i need to unlock my iphone and put it on tmobile what is quickpawn and cydia and yelllowsnow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please help how can i put it on tmobile and if i do what kind of internet will it be on the iphone will i still be able to use the app store please tell me what i haft to do its just to much to understand
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    QuickPWN is the program used to jailbreak your device (installs a custom firmware and payload).

Cydia is the application that you install on your device thorugh QuickPWN during the jailbreak. Cydia is a front end program that allows you to easily install other non-Appstore applications/games/mods/hacks/tweaks on your device, downloaded direct from internet repositories.

yellowsn!w is the codename for the baseband crack for the iPhone 2.2 firmware that was released yesterday - this allows you to use a non-registered simcard in your iPhone.

My advice is that you either search and read on all of these things - they are all talked about and discussed in detail here on ipodtouchfans - or get someone else to hack and crack your iPhone for you. You will need to know about these things if you intend to hack your iPhone yourself.

Be aware though that you can restore your iPhone to factory settings (DFU mode and restore from iTunes) from pretty much any state of screwedupness so don't be afraid to try, once you've read the instructions of course...

Try surfing around the site and reaidng the stickies in each forum for a start.

(n.b. pls don't reply back asking me what a repository and DFU mode are or I will scream!)
  3. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    thank you now

where do i get quickpawn from for 3g already 2.2 firmware and where do i get yellow snow from
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

5. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Next time I'll put 20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Count them there all there just for u and just a simple google it would have worked damn dude your the kinda guy I want to kick in the throat
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry sorry had a bad day at work thank you for the info iamkewl if I could retract my statement I would

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You must have legs of a cheerleader if you can kick a person's throat.

• QuickPwn - Application used to Jailbreak your device. Allowing you to do other stuff that isn't allowed by Apple.
    • Cydia - Application distribution platform other than the App Store.
    • yellowsn0w - The software way to activate the iPhone 3G.
  7. wasteland66

wasteland66 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Cool deal already jailbroken unlocked but after yellowsnow updated tmobile dosent work well evan before they updated It registerd the sim card but would freeze upon opening the dial pad now itnwont even register the sim it just says invalid sim oh well hoping for another update
  8. N30fox

N30fox New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)