Dualbooting vista and leopard question

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by carpz, Apr 21, 2008.

1. carpz

carpz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just dual booted my vista computer with iATKOS and it successfully installed and I loaded up leopard and it worked fine but then when I wanted to load up vista again it wouldnt load . Iwould click vista from the bootloader and the screen goes black and then back to the bootloader . I think it is because I accidently installed the Darwin bootloader over the vista one . How do I restore vistas bootloader from the vista install disk using only command prompt because I cannot access any programs on my comp ( easyBCD ) because it won't load
    thankyou soooo much and if you dont understand what I'm asking but think you know stuff about bootloaders plz just ask again or pm me because I need help desperatley

-Carpz-
  2. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not completely 100% sure about this info, but:

First, you need to mark your Vista partition as active in order to boot into it. You can do this from a gparted livecd or ubuntu livecd.

Then, you need to configure easybcd to your liking. After that, you should be fine.

If I'm not mistaken, shouldn't Darwin have automatically detected vista and been able to boot it?
  3. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well i can elaborate on the marking vista partition as active
    use your vista installation disk and open up a cmd prompt window
    then type the following in order
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk (whatever number list disk brings up as your hard drive...if its only 1 hard drive then the number is 0)
    list partition
    select partition (whatevr number your windows partition is on)
    set active or active ( try either 1)