Dual-Booting with Ubuntu Question

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Lensflare, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Okay so I recently took the plunge and installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron on my MacBook 4,1. I partitioned my drive using Disk Utility, but only assigned about 15 gigs for Ubuntu; the guide explained that you can access your OS X drive from Ubuntu. I was able to do this, but I cannot open my User files because of permission issues.

I have no worries of anyone using my computer, and I want to access my music and pictures from Ubuntu. Is there a way I can set my drive permissions to Read & Write with full permissions to all users?

Thanks in advance,
    Lensflare
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should be able to, I've done exactly the same thing that you have. Have you tried posting on the Ubuntu site forum? I did that whenever I had a problem and I got support almost immediately!
  3. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah good idea. I've posted there before when I tried to set up my Windows laptop. Of course, it had a UniChrome chipset so I could never get it working.

Linux operating systems must hate me, because I'm having similar problems with my MacBook. I couldn't get my WiFi working, so when I restarted Ubuntu wouldn't boot. So I just erased the partition. I had the i386 (sp?) disc, so I sent in a request for a 64-bit CD.