Dtunes randomly stopped working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by barflyuk, Aug 15, 2010.

1. barflyuk

barflyuk New Member

Hi - yesterday I installed Dtunes on my jailbroken 3G iPhone and was in disbelief at how easily it downloaded an entire ******* album.

That disbelief was well placed, however, as I woke up this morning to discover it no longer works. For every ******* I add the number of peers is now given as 0 in Terminal. And no matter how patiently I wait it never downloads any data.

When I leave a non-working download for a while it eventually says "Get tracker's IP address failed". It also states "Listening on 0.0.0.0:51413" for every download - which seems a little odd to me. And it sometimes says "couldn't bind on specified port 51413: Address already in use" after initially loading.

Can anyone help? I was so close...!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Best,

M

PS I have tried opening up port 51413 on my WiFi router but that didn't fix it, and besides it doesn't work on 3G either so I don't think it can have anything to do with my home connection.
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you try reinstalling?
  3. barflyuk

barflyuk New Member

Yup tried reinstalling all four components: dTunes, Enhanced C*******, Mobile Terminal and Safari Download thingy. No joy

4. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Respring or Reboot?
  5. barflyuk

barflyuk New Member

Reinstalling all four via Cydia (under the Modify Packages section) and then rebooting the iPhone. I'm not sure what respring is?
  6. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Respring= restarting springboard, if you have Sbsettings you can do it easily.
  7. barflyuk

barflyuk New Member

Just installed Respring via Cydia and resprung it. Still getting the same problem

It just doesn't seem to find any peers for anything (and I'm only trying with v popular *******s)
  8. shashanknegi

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you rebooted too?
  9. barflyuk

barflyuk New Member

Just rebooted now after respringing. Doing so caused my iPhone to start in Safe Mode which was a bit concerning (never seen that before), but it allowed me to restart and it's in regular mode now.

Still there are no peers though. Terminal says "found bit field file" and it successfully checked its previous state - so something is working. But there are zero peers and no data is downloading

Thanks for trying to help btw shashanknegi. I'm not holding out much hope that it will ever work, but will keep trying!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Btw next to 0,0K it says "E:32,0" with that number gradually rising point by point. Next to the number it also periodically flashes "Connecting".

However the "K" number and the three [0/701/0] numbers remain unchanged.
  10. Juel

Juel Guest

I have the same error!! it is really bugging me now. i cannot get movies but i did manage to get an album which is weird. i use btjunkie.org to get my *******s. anyone found a solution?