Ds emulator for you non/believers

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by that_guy, Jul 15, 2010.

1. that_guy

that_guy New Member

Zodttd just released this statement like a week or so ago in response to someone asking if there will be a ds emulator on iPod-

"There is definitely a Nintendo DS emulator in the works, with the intent of having an ARM dynamic recompiler for higher performance on supported devices. It’s not easy to emulate, and the author is working hard on writing this from the ground up. Expect it to only run decently, if that, on 3rd and 4th gen Apple hardware. It’s not going to come soon, but it might come in due time. Thanks."

there ya go, it may not be in the next month but atleast he said it should be possible on 4th gen
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Your source?
  3. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So to all of us who said that the 3rd gen couldn't run it efficiently were right when we said that better hardware was required. Thanks for the support.
  4. that_guy

that_guy New Member

Source-zodttd actualt forum thing I think

And mookler I was posting it for the people who said it was impossible for it to run on 3rd gen not "efficiently" and for the people who wished someone would let them know it was atleast being worked on, but it's ok if you think it's really cool to make a big show and tell of how you were right- nice one mate
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No as in source I mean where did you get it from. Link?
  6. Guy with an Orange iTouch

Guy with an Orange iTouch New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  7. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Honestly, you could make most emulators for an iphone/ipod, even first gen, and if you're fine with 1 frame per min, you can play just fine. I won't consider an emulator out and complete unless it is playable, which ZOD seems to think may not even be possible on 4th gen hardware
  8. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I dont like emulators... they dont like me... i hate save files... they hate me...
  9. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Way for gullible idiots. My 3.32ghz pc runs a ds emulator at 87.5% so any itouch/ pad/ phone would do it at around 20%. You people ever heard of rom piracy checks? Who fancies an emulator that can't run only the most popular games? Pokemon hgss, Zelda spirit tracks etc. And where the heck would you even fit the controls?
  10. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Pokemon hgss/zelda are being worked around. Haven't dug into it in a while, but where there's a will there's a way, at least on PC emus. I wouldn't expect a ds emulator on an iphone anytime soon