Drummer app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch22, Aug 8, 2008.

1. iTouch22

iTouch22 New Member

I just bought a new 8GB iTouch for $180 today, one of the main reasons i bought one was because i saw the daft punk moocow drummer video on youtube, I've downloaded the jailbreaking software from ziphone but now i am completely stuck, the only app I'm interested in is the moocow drummer app, what do I do from here to get that? I'm using a Mac and WiFi is enabled, thanx in advance

*Yes, I'm a noob with the iTouch so flame me if you want, I see enough of it on PbNation anyway...
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well what firmware are you on if your on 1.1.5 or lower you can prolly find it somewhere in installer if your on 2.0 you have to purchase from app store.
    But yea there are a bunch of ways to jailbreak just search for tutorial and DO NOT use ziphone its junk use iLiberty+ or pwnage tool
  3. iTouch22

iTouch22 New Member

i'm using 1.1.5 and ive looked through the installer that came with the ziphone download but havnt found anything.... why exactly do you think ziphone is junk? and how would i go about uninstalling it and download one the the other jb'ing softwares?
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well if its working then you might be fine but it messes up a lot of ipods more iphones, uh just search in here for band installer source or something like that and when you find a source that has it just add the source in installer then refresh and you will be able to install it
  5. iTouch22

iTouch22 New Member

so i downloaded iliberty and it wont let me download any of the apps, at the end of the download it said something failed.....

what should i do

i downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware but i dont know how to put it on my ipod...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    well, im pretty sure i got it working.... but how do i get the daft punk song into the drummer app?

alskdjfhlakjsdhf i'm such a noob....
    i found the kit, and i downloaded filezilla so i can send it to the itouch, but fielzilla wont open, ive tried dl'in it twice and no avail...
  6. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi

You downloaded 1.1.4 firmware.
    If you are on 1.1.5 now and want to go back on 1.1.4 (which I am on and jailbroken with ziphone 2.6b) you should restore to 1.1.4.
    Do it like this:

1. Move your 1.1.4 downloaded FW onto dekstop for example
    2. In iTunes and with iPod connected Shift+click the restore button and navigate to that file on desktop (1.1.4 FW)
    3. Wait
    4. You should be fine.
    5. Download ziphone install it and run it (mine has ziphoneGUI.exe but you might have another and newer version I dunno)
    6. Click jailbreak ipod touch
    7. Wait again
    8. Get to the Wi-Fi
    9. Update Installer to 3.11, download BSD subsystem and lots of other stuff (google some jailbreaking tutorial)
    10. Go to h××p://www.appleiphoneschool.com/sources and add few sources to your installer, if you don't know how, google ''How to add sources to installer''...I don't know which source contains the Band.app but you can get to know it by using iApptap or something like that (google, google a lot)
    11. After you add the sources in installer click the install tab, all packages and search for Band...
    12. Install...
    13. Then in all packages again find daft punk or whatever you want...tap install..
    14. You should be fine now...
    15. Have phun

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. iTouch22

iTouch22 New Member

when i shift+click how do i get to the folder on my desktop, all it does is ask if Im sure i want to restore, theres no place to choose the folder...
    yea... I don't understand how to select the 1.1.4 firmware when I restore, I tried (what I thought was) the shift+click and it just restored to 1.1.5 again....

can I do all this with 1.1.5 or do I need .4?
    I read somewhere that you can't customize everything unless you have 1.1.4
  8. kurtisamazing

kurtisamazing New Member

on a mac, hit alt+click restore
    it should then prompt you to choose which firmware to use

shift+click is for PC's i believe
  9. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ow man...I dunno...you have mac or pc?
    if u have pc you have to hold shift and than click the restore button...it should open a dialog box where you should be able to select the file to open...normlan windows open dialog...
    anyway try to google - how to restore, or open up youtube and type ine how to restore shift click etc...
    try it and let us know

we will help you
  10. iTouch22

iTouch22 New Member

well i figured out the alt-click thing, but every 1.1.4 firmware I've downloaded so far hasn't opened up (when i choose it from my desktop it just keep opening another folder within itself, there is nothing to actually choose) I've downloaded three so far...
    here's what I see when I'm in the process...

there is nothing to select...