Dropped my iPod touch in a cup...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by giraffepower13, Apr 9, 2010.

1. giraffepower13

giraffepower13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I searched this site, maybe not very well but anyway. Yes, I had a cup with some ice and I was being dumb and dropped my iPod in it. It got a little wet but I dried it off and thought nothing and used it. I put it away for a bit and when I came back, the screen was very dim. I let it sit for a whike and the screen went to normal, and is now dim. Other than this dim screen problem, it works just fine. I would just REALLY like for the screen to not be so dim! Is this considered water damage and is there anything else I can do besides put it in a bag of rice and leave it on my dresser to dry? It's a 1st gen, by the way.
  2. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you have an apple store near by you can take it there and have them look at it, I think it's water damage.. Do you have a warranty with best buy or something?
  3. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Look in the headphone jack with a flashlight, if you see red, you have waterdamage. If you have white in there, you could probably still exchange it and get free repairs under warranty.
  4. giraffepower13

giraffepower13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont have any warranty because I got it a year ago. There is no red, though.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Dumb question... but have you checked the brightness in settings?
  6. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    also try to put it in a bowl with some dry rice and keep it there for some days