Dropped my iPod on the cement!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shredd3r, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Shredd3r

Shredd3r New Member

Now my headphone jack has been pushed in a bit. I was wondering if there was any way i could go back to future shop and exchange it for a new one. I just got my touch 2 weeks ago btw. Any ideas?
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think if you bought the extended service plan through Future Shop, you shouldn't have a problem getting a new one. If not, Apple probably will not replace it for you. Does it still work?
  3. Shredd3r

Shredd3r New Member

Everything works fine, its only two weeks old. I didn't get the extended warrenty though. Does future shop have some kind of 30 day return policy for electronics? I was also wondering, if I told them something like it won't connect to my computer, would they buy it??? LOL
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think they do, but not if you drop them. I'm sure that the extented warranty through Future Shop would have covered this though. I didn't buy it either. As long as the headphone jack still works, you are doing ok

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jmaluso

jmaluso New Member

Dude. You dropped it. It was your fault. The shop isn't going to return it. It wasn't a manufacturer defect. You broke it on accident. That is how it goes sometimes. Be more careful next time and buy a case for it.
  6. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

heres what u do. Do not bring in ur ipod, but just the receipt.. and because you have 30 days to purchase a service plan, buy it. Then have them send it in to service saying that you put your headphones in, and the headphone jack came loose. Try to clean whatever scuffs there are before attempting this. And if that does not work, then return the service plan, and start praying that you can return the ipod

(btw I work at a service center, so this stuff is just way too common, if you take precautions, you can get away with many things legitly)
  7. Shredd3r

Shredd3r New Member

True, but i would just go to the shop and tell them that it won't sync with my computer anymore. There isn't any way they could check it.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

um... They could plug it into a computer.
  9. jmaluso

jmaluso New Member

And see that it was dropped...
  10. Shredd3r

Shredd3r New Member

I could say it works everywhere but with my computer.