dropped my ipod on floor

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pab277, Jul 31, 2009.

1. pab277

pab277 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well today my ipod touch accidentally fell from my kitchen table to the ground; it had fallen on its back (not on the glass), so the glass was unharmed. but when i awoke the ipod, a thick gray line appeared on my screen. So i turned it off hoping it would go away. Well upon turning it back on, the line was still there but my screen seemed unreasonably bright and the colors were washed out. Is my ipod doomed forever now? has this happened to you? I have restored it and that didnt help.
  2. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yikes, looks like your looking at a hardware problem. First of all: you shouldn't have dropped it

Please Register or Log in to view images

. But more seriously, how long has it been since your purchased it?
  3. Mac_OS_X

Mac_OS_X New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Probably a while since its a 1G
  4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ouch, well you can throw the warranty out the window then..... sorry I can't help..... My condolences, mon ami.
  5. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think its time to upgrade
  6. Cheat_Code

Cheat_Code Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Sounds like your lcd.
    They sell them for 30$ and you can install it with some time.
    Or pay someone 120 to do it.
    Could be a loose cable too. Doubt it.
  7. Pandawg

Pandawg Community Development

Just sell it broken and upgrade. I would wait a little bit though before upgrading because there's a lot of talk about a 3G coming.
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yup, from reading every1 else's postings, you've got a major hardware problem, in this case, with the screen... There are some options you can go for, IMHO:

1. Send the iPod to Apple for them to repair but since it's a 1G, there is obviously no more warranty and as such, your repair costs are gonna be darn expensive!

2. Keep the iPod as a relic (like what I did for my previous faulty Palms) and go for the upcoming 3gen, which should be released in September... However, this means that you'll be iPod-less for around a month!

3. Stick to Option 2 but sell the iPod on the "broken-gadgets" market instead... This will bring in extra funds for your new purchase...

Hope this helps, buddy... And sorry to hear about your damage, btw!
  9. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Holy. You are so unlucky. I've dropped my iPod touch over 50 times (twice today) with no case and it's totally fine.

You should check how much it'll cost to repair then consider getting a new one.
  10. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I've only dropped either of my ipods once. ever It was on concrete with no case and i was so scared. But now it has rough edges that all. And my mom dropped here 1g i told here to buy the screen and i'd install it so she did and when i went to install it it was just a loose cable so open it up you moght be lucky