Dropped Ipod touch 2g in the bath, Wifi wont work ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CharlieMurray 3, Mar 11, 2009.

1. CharlieMurray 3

CharlieMurray 3 New Member

I was in the bath listening to music on my ipod, tryed to change the song, and it slippped in the bath tub, it was under fully in the water for about 2 seconds. I took it out, it would not work for about 2 days, so i sat and blew in the holes ( The hole for the charger and the earphone hole ) and this was an amazing trick btw, it steamed my screen up from the inside so i left it for a few hours, after this it turned back on, i checked everythin was working, but then i realised it would not even let me click on my wifi, it wont connect and its not highlighted in settings ??? What should i do ? I still have apple warranty but would they cover it, maybe i could lie ? And if so how do i get around sending it away ?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Wrathchild

Wrathchild Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Flaming and/or trolling
    It amazes me how stupid people can be. Yes you are very confused and need help and I'm not talking about the ipod. Next time try listening to music in the bath with a radio plugged into the wall and have it sitting on the edge of the tub.
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  4. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    check the paper in the headphone jack and stop being stupid enough to use your ipod anywhere near water
  5. rcfreak339

rcfreak339 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, he was stupid we all know that, I even think he figured it was stupid so now instead of criticizing him lets help him. Have you checked the white paper under the headphone jack to see if it has turned from white to pink? If it has turned pink then you will not be able to exchange your iPod under warranty, but can get it fixed for a fee.
  6. element166

element166 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I stopped there but try to put it in rice to see if it will dry the WiFI connector or what ever it is
  7. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Whats with you tub-touchers

why, oh god, why listen to your ipod in the shower, water + electronics =

8. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you are lucky that you knew not to turn it on trying to see if it was broken right after it fell. There's so many posts about people who dropped their ipod in the water and tried to turn it on right away

at least your music works......but ya as previous person said....try to find out if the litmus paper inside the headphone jack is discoloured, if it is not, then i believe apple will cover it under warrenty, assuming you have them
  9. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

put it in a bowl of rice for a few days. that one guy that took a shower with his ipod put his in a bag of rice and had success.

and DONT ATTEMPT TO TURN IT ON.
  10. Duykur

Duykur Banned

I wonder if DFU restore would fix this...