Dropped iPod in Water---where did my songs go?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by edinger09, Aug 1, 2010.

1. edinger09

edinger09 New Member

Last week I dropped my iPod in some water. I put it in a container of rice for 4 days. Now the screen is a little dimmer (no big deal) and all of my songs are gone. I had purchased $100+ in songs from the iTunes on my iPod and now since there is no songs left on my iPod I have no idea how to get those songs I purchased on to my iTunes on my computer! I tried checking for all alvailable downloads and nothing was found. Please Help!
  2. n8galicia

n8galicia New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Connect the iPod to the computer.......? and sync
  3. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The songs are most likely in the water you dropped your iPod in. Go back to it and dunk your head underwater, and you might hear some singing.

...another case could be it's on your iPod but the data is corrupted. If you can, try to access the filesystem on your iPod and navigate to where it stores songs:
    Code:
    /var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/music
    and if you can access that, pull off your music and work hard to fix your iPod.

If that doesn't work, ring up Apple and tell them about the tragic event and maybe they'll be able to help you out.
  4. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think they went down the drain
  5. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Evaporate off all the water and the songs should have crystalised at the bottom.

No seriously, did you restore?
  6. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    If all else fails just re-download em on iTunes on your computer.You won't have to re-pay for em.

Hopefully you remembered every single "100" songs you had purchased.
  7. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think downloading a song costs money each time, whether or not you have purchased it before. If im correct, you may want to find the songs online in certain places. its not illegal because you have already purchased the rights to have the song for your own use, so please no one go on a rant about how its illegal