Dropped in water?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Unregistered, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Okay,, my ipod touch was dropped in a tub of water, and first thing i did was take the screen off and try to let it air out a little. Now i plugged it into my computer, turns out its in DFU mode, and i cant get it to come out. Any suggestions,? will it even work?
  2. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

You tried restoring... Maybe one of the buttons is now thinking it's held down.
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i tried restoring, said it couldnt reach update servers or something like that, and i also tried holding down power and home button, hoping itd come out. I heard it come out by the "bing" on my computer, but it was followed by another "bing" with it going back into dfu mode.
  4. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Your home button is short circuted.
  5. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, first of you should of (Well I would of..) taken it apart (like you did) and then fill a bag with some white rice and put it in there (It should be drowning in it).

Take it to Apple though.
  6. Sepulcher

Sepulcher Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Did you let it dry out? I heard that there's a rice method where you put it in a bowl of rice and it something, but It's something along those lines...

I would think that the circuits are gone. Depending on the deepness and height the iPod was dropped from, though...