Dropped in Water

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matheaks, Jul 13, 2009.

1. matheaks

matheaks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay I was listening to my iPod Touch 2g when taking a shower(speaker mode).. it was on the railing of the glass of the shower (I have been doing this for awhile so I know how to do it). But when I went to grab it after the shower, I accidentally dropped it in the puddle of water that was going down the drain. The music suddenly stopped playing, and I quickly grabbed it out and dried it with the towel and hair dryer. I went to check after a few minutes if it still works, and it was kind of slowly reacting to the touch screen but the speakers wouldn't work. I tried to change the volume, when I realized that it says "Headphones" on the volume bar. To test it out, I plugged in the headphones to see if that works and it did. I looked online, and saw that information about a water indicator. I looked for it, but I didnt see it (its in the headphone slot, right?). Right now its not laggy, and it works fine except for the speakers.
    I might put in rice for a few days. I am not going to plug anything into the usb/charger port to make sure nothing happens. It was in a silicon case, that protected most of ipod except for the ports, since it fell topside.
    I just bought it in February, so I thinks its under warranty. If there is a water indicator, can I pay Apple to fix it? Is there any way to fix this? I found this link for iPhones that had this problem but not from water, would this work?
    http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10115102-233.html
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I think you had better place your iPod in a sack of rice first... If that doesn't work, you may need to send it to Apple but as mentioned in several other similar threads in the IPTF, water damage is not covered under the warranty... Not sure how much repairs will cost though...

And why exactly was your iPod in the shower with you, buddy? Just leave it outside to prevent such disasters from happening, simple as that!
  3. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do people insist on putting their iPod in the shower. Seriously, does that seem like a good idea in the least?

Buy a waterproof case next time. Or better yet, don't bring electronics into the shower with you. Or the bathroom, even. Get a shower radio.
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you dont see the water marker, they you might just be able to take it to an apple store and say it stopped working.

Please Register or Log in to view images

if you do, you take a q-tip with alcohol and rub it on the indicator. if you wanna try to reset, hold down both teh power and home buttons until the device resets.
  5. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's your problem, right there.
  6. Notasoccerstar09

Notasoccerstar09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    whenpeople take it in te shower they need to put it in a bag or something
  7. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How is a sopping wet bag with an iPod in it any better than a wet iPod? Neither will turn out as good as if you didn't put your iPod in the shower.
  8. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Dude, ZIPLOC
  9. treminaor

treminaor New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am still amazed that people are desperate enough to put their iPod in a bag in order to listen to it for 5 minutes in the shower.
  10. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, plastic bags are so yesterday. The proper way to do it, is taking a lit candle and then encase your iPod in wax. Nothing better than that.

Please Register or Log in to view images