DRM - What a Hassle

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by flashcus, Jul 20, 2008.

1. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    [rant]
    Ok, so i'm your average person (well...). I got 2.0 for free direct from iTunes. I have a UK iTunes account, and i buy a few applications. Then i receive a $15 yes dollar itunes gift card from a friend in the US. After about 2 minutes of googling i found that to use it i have to set up a seperate US itunes account. I did this and didn't add a credit/debit card. I then bought 2 apps, Band and Resistance Calculator (yes, im cool). These sync perfectly to my iPod and i went to the app store on my iPod and it was in dollars (wtf).
    Now for the GRRR part. Band and Resistance work flawlessly (pretty much) but i can't run any of the apps bought with my UK account. They crash as soon as i open them (damned DRM!)

Then i did the obvious thing of syncing my ipod with my UK account logged into itunes. App store shows up in £ but still i can only use my 2 US apps, and all the apple apps including remote.

Then i signed in with no account logged into itunes and i got crash bandicoot working! but not SMB. So i restarted my ipod and nothing works again. Resyncing with no account signed in and still only the US apps work!

This is all because of stupid DRM protection! I understand that they don't want them shared but OMG. Couldn't they have set up a system for people with multiple accounts? I can now use 2 paid apps, and only one is of use half the time (Band). I want my apps back.
    [/rant]
    I've contacted iTunes, what else can i do. I also tried to hack the DRM out, but we all know that doesn't work.

GRRRRRR
  2. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Dont feel bad cause Steve's cheated me out of 35 dollars already.
  3. benzin711

benzin711 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm gonna regret this, but how?
  4. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Purchased jan. update and I restored and lost it. There's $20 I never got back. And I had to pay $10 for 2.0 update and in the process somehow I lost a music video. So they owe me a good amount of money. But I just gave up trying to get it back because their assholes. The only reason I buy my music from iTunes is because I can buy music anywhere with the mobile store.
  5. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

right.....

touch app store problem: this hapend because when you last synced your touch you were logged into your US account not the UK account, iTunes will sync the account information of the currentl logged in account.

what I would suggest regarding the apps not working is to double click on an app bought from the UK store and if it works to how I think it should ask for your login, put in your login for the UK accoutn (since they are uk bought apps) and you should get a computer authorized message. resync your touch and hopefully (i stress hopefulyl as well technology is a touch thing lol) they should work. As a precaution do the same for the US apps using your US login.

I have a US and UK account and had to authorize (the double click method mentioned) my pc before the apps worked
  6. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I wish this worked. I did exactly what you said. And synced with my UK account, but still only Band and Resistance calculator works. GRRRRR apple were no help. I'm going to go to a store and give them an earful. Got anymore suggestions?
  7. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  8. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah i know but a lot of people want to just get free apps which really isn't fair. I have a genuine reason

EDIT: Ok i have the solution. Just restore from a backup. It takes about an hour or something but now everything works fine, even though the backup was made when half of my apps didn't work. AWESOME!