DRM Solution?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by realpogo, Feb 10, 2008.

1. realpogo

realpogo New Member

Locking the whole Forum for a solution for my DRM Problem - jailbreak through 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3 with the official Update the way SkylarEC posted http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32332 I now can listen to my bought music!

What I´ve got to tell you sounds very funny and the reason might be found out by one of the God´s of this Forum. So what happened?

After upgrading with a clean iPod throughout the obove mentioned steps I wasn´t able to play my bought music as most of you ...

Please Register or Log in to view images

I didn´t mind, but for I´m using lastFM I installed MobileScobbler 1.4, without scrobbling switched on as I knew there is a problem which forces you to reboot everytime.

!! Everything worked well without DRM !! until i started MobileFinder in a Diretory with many jpg files MobileFinder hang up and i was forced to reboot!

->>>> After that - what a petty I was´nt able to listen to any of my music, nor play videos or to use YouTube!: mad:

OK, I thought MobileFinder was the problem and uninstalled it - no effect!

Hey now I´m a lucky guy! After unistalling MobileScrobbler I can listen to my DRM´s but have no explanation for it.

Now I´m to tired to install MobileFinder and MobileScrobbler again and see what will happen - someone else may try out and explain to us what goes on during this "process" ;-)
  2. inflacoarch

inflacoarch New Member

The official devteam softupdate pretty much removes the ability to play songs purchased from itunes,
    use the ipodtouchmasters method.*
  3. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It only removes the ability to play DRMed tracks if you do it wrong.
  4. realpogo

realpogo New Member

5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Any Soft Upgrade method will kill DRM if you upgrade from 1.1.1 or forget to install BSD Subsystem 1.5 or later prior to running the upgrade.
  6. realpogo

realpogo New Member

Confirmation!

Well while some of you posted so soon I kept awake and tried out to install MobileFinder again, could listen to everything and did a reboot and could listen to everything as well!

So I did install MobileScrobbler again, set up my account played something and everything worked until I did a reboot - after it the same problem - nothing worked!

Uninstalling MobileScrobbler and a reboot solved the problem!

7. realpogo

realpogo New Member

Well, I´m sorry to confuse with my post but I don´t shurely remember if I´ve installed BSD before or after upgrading to 1.1.2 - I could swear before ... nevertheless this is perhaps part of a solution in future?
  8. Bombogenesis Maximus

Bombogenesis Maximus New Member

I need a solution for this NOW. It's been too damn long -- isn't ANYONE trying to fix this?
  9. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Yes, that is the problem. BSD Subsystem needs to be installed AFTER upgrading to 1.1.2 and BEFORE upgrading to 1.1.3.
  10. Bombogenesis Maximus

Bombogenesis Maximus New Member

this is ridiculous. I've spent too much time jailbreaking it to 1.1.3. I'm not going back to 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2 and then 1.1.3. Where is the patch to fix this??????

utterly ridiculous.