DRM and 16GB iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by fleshjoe, Feb 25, 2008.

1. fleshjoe

fleshjoe New Member

I have a 16GB iPod Touch. I want to Jailbreak it but I've purchased a lot of DRM-protected content from iTunes.

What method can I use to JB my Touch and still ensure that the DRM content plays properly?
  2. BMP

BMP New Member

Why not just remove DRM? DRM protection goes against your right to make a backup of your legally purchased music that you should be able to play anywhere on any hardware you want. There is a program that will help with DRM (digital ripoff managment) called "MyFair Tunes". Do a simple Google search for it.
  3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DVD Jon actually released something newer I think, but that was like a week or two ago....
  4. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, the site that hosts MyFair Tunes has removed the links because Apple forced them to.

Ah, yes... it is called DoubleTwist... i haven't tried it yet myself, but i really don't need to
  5. fleshjoe

fleshjoe New Member

Because 1) I _like_ the convenience of download and play without going thru a tertiary process to strip the DRM off of purchased content, thereby impeding my enjoyment of same and 2) It's yet one more hack that complicates my life. If I'm able to enjoy my purchased DRM music on my various iPod devices already, it's not an inconvenience to me at all.

I just want to Jailbreak my 1.1.3. 16GB iPod Touch and leave DRM unaffected in anyway, allowing me otherwise normal access to iTunes and all it has to offer.

Is this possible? If so, how? I've searched and asked this question before. I can't seem to get a clear answer on JB and DRM for a 16GB iPod Touch. I've seen:

1) Ways to JB my 1.1.3 16GB iPod Touch that breaks DRM
    2) Ways to JB my 1.1.3 16GB iPod Touch that doesn't break DRM, but won't let me upgrade past 1.1.2
    3) Ways to do this in a way that doesn't break DRM, keeps me at 1.1.3 (or at least places me there at the end of the process)....but the method shown WONT work on a 16GB iPod Touch.
  6. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I completely agree, however iTunes is completely legal and I have found that their media is always higher quality, so I don't mind stripping the DRM. from my understanding, ziphone doesn't mess with anything except the Jailbreak. the soft-update kinda rapes the operating system to get what it wants. thus screwing up the DRM. wait another week for zitouch. otherwise stay on 1.1.2.
  7. fleshjoe

fleshjoe New Member

Thanks Chris....perhaps that is the better option here. Just wait for something a bit more official.
  8. owie007

owie007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I do agree with Chris... as the name implies, "soft-upgrade", i find it very unreliable so i decided to stick with unjailbroken 1.1.3
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks you guys, glad to help.
  10. Superperson

Superperson New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Doing the "soft upgrade" to 1.1.3 from 1.1.1 will commonly keep you from being able to play any DRM'd music or videos from iTunes. Upgrading to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1, then to 1.1.3 will alleviate this issue.