Drive Letter Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by karinkj, Jan 19, 2008.

1. karinkj

karinkj New Member

Hello,

I am new to the ipod touch and hopefully someone can help me. I've used other MP3 players where I plug the device into my computer and the device becomes a drive where I can copy and/or move music files in and out of the drive.

However, when I plug in the ipod touch I can see the ipod (I think it said Apple ipod) but I cannot move or copy any files onto the drive. Nothing appears under the "drive" and nothing can be moved or copied into the area.

Is this correct or is my unit not functioning properly? Friends who have older versions of ipods say they can easily do this.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help!
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

there is no disk mode for the touch as of yet, the only way to put music on is itunes
  3. karinkj

karinkj New Member

Isn't that going "backwards" from older models??? Or is it just me?

I just saw an add for a product called TouchCopy that seems to do what I want to do. Does anyone know anything about this software?
  4. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

its not going backwords, its removing the ability of others to get into the ipod and mess with it

apples original plan to stop customization of the ipod
  5. karinkj

karinkj New Member

So are you saying that I need to upload all my pictures, videos, podcasts, etc. to itunes first and then transfer them to my ipod? This seems like more work. Sorry, I don't want to offend anyone . . . I'm just trying to learn!
  6. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

ZOMG OM SO OFFENDED!!!!

anyways, yes thats what it means... I have never heard of an iPod that you can drag and drop music onto... Apple doesnt want people messing with files so they dont allow that and they also, want people to buy their music and stop downloading free (illigal) music.