Drained Ipod frozen now cant get into DFU mode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by satwal, Jun 21, 2009.

1. satwal

satwal New Member

Hi all,
    I spent the last couple of hours searching through the hundreds of threads similar to my question but I've have no luck so far so here it goes...

I have a Ipod Touch 2nd Gen, jailbroken and semi-tethered. The other day it froze during playback so I just stuck it in my pocket and didn't bother to take a look at it until the next day. The next day, I plug it into my pc and try to get it into DFU mode so I can start it up with Quickboot. Unfortunately, I was unable to get into DFU mode. Since this has happened a few times before, I thought nothing of it and simply tried and tried again. I uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded itunes. I uninstalled/reinstalled libusb. I detached and reattached libusb using the -u and -i parameters on install-filter.exe.

I read that its nearly impossible to brick one of these things but I honestly can't think of anything else to try. In all my attempts, after pressing both power and home for 10 seconds I get a sound confirmation from my pc. But not the sound a usb device being connected, just one ding with a message bubble saying, "usb device not recognized."

Any suggestions? I am using Windows Xp Pro SP3.

Thanks.
  2. satwal

satwal New Member

3. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Try DFU with it not connected and try using redsnow the directions it gives for DFU work 100% every time.
  4. satwal

satwal New Member

IceBerg,
    Thank you so much for the advise. I followed the redsnow DFU wizard and I was able to put the ipod in DFU mode. It turns out that I wasn't holding the power button for 3 seconds before holding down the home.
    Thanks again, Sunny.