DragonForce-like Bands?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by ZunePod, Jan 23, 2009.

1. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Are there any bands similar to DrangonForce? I have become quite fond of their music recently
  2. elixile

elixile New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Forget DragonForce, get some Symphony X and Sonata Arctica for starters. If you like that, I'll introduce you to more.

DragonForce are an example of how mainstream modernism is failing Metal nowadays. They think fast = good and ignore everything else. Their riffs sound like flies buzzing around my ears. They can't play that fast by the way, it's all computerized, I have seen them live to prove that. I can't hear a bass anywhere even though they do have a bass player, he is probably told to not play anything through the entire song. Metal needs bass as it sounds tinny, high-pitched and generally irritating throughout entire songs, I wouldn't consider it metal as it doesn't make me headbang or mosh as real metal does. The vocalist is horrible. Almost all the songs sound exactly the same with frequently recycled riffs.

Ok, enough with my rant. I don't have anything against you just for your information, I used to like DragonForce too, until I broadened my horizons. Try youtubing Symphony X's "Set the World on Fire". Now that's real metal. It's a fusion of Progressive and Power Metal.
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'll back up the recommendation to Sonata Arctica. It's not really my genre, but my friend got me to listen to some and it wasn't bad, very similar in feel at least.
  4. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. elixile

elixile New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If he wanted just Power Metal then I would've recommended him Kamelot etc., but he wants DragonForce-like Metal so I suggested the faster alternatives. Oh, and I also suggest 3 Inches of Blood.
  6. RodSan

RodSan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe Rhapsody of Fire?
  7. stickypop

stickypop Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Why on earth do you want bands like Dragonforce? They're bad enough themselves! Worst band I've seen live. Honestly, they were crap. Makes me laugh that they even dub notes and have a track playing over the top when they play lmao.