Drag and drop?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fender2, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Fender2

Fender2 New Member

I have jailbreaked my Touch, and upgraded to version 1.1.2. So I wonder: should it now be possible in any ways to install "something" that will make "drag & drop" between the Touch and PC possible?
    Where do I find the mail and weather apps, and how do I install these? I have also read that it should be possible to install some NES games, but where do I find them and how do I install them?
  2. salas_arjay

salas_arjay New Member

hey man watch ipodtouchmaster's videos in you tube they are really helpful,
  3. Avatar

I'm really curious about this too. I have jailbroken my ipod and gotten the NES emulator, but I have no idea how to enable disk use since that option doesn't exist in itunes for the ipod touch. Nobody seems to be talking about it anywhere but obviously this must be fairly common knowledge?
  4. linds

linds New Member

that's because there is no disk mode on the touch/iphone as of yet
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Linds is right - there's no disk mode on the iPod Touch or iPhone - probably because unlike the previous generation of iPods, these have a full blown OS and Apple probably doesn't want people mucking up their iPods...

However, if you're on a Mac, you can install AFPd which sets up an Apple Filesharing server on your iPod Touch so you can mount it by just going to the network browser. And if you're on Ubuntu and have SSH turned on, your iPod Touch will show right up in the network browser - it's kind of cool. My iPod Touch is sitting in my pocket playing music and I can connect from Ubuntu to the OS/apps partition and putter around...
  6. unicorechoice

unicorechoice New Member

you can search for placing NES roms on your ipod, there should be a junkload of tutorials on that.