Dowside to jailbroken 1.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Ari., Jan 27, 2008.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I was wonder, what are the downsides to having a jailbroken Ipod touch 1.1.3?

I have had jailbroken 1.1.2 and loved it, but i was just wondering with the 1.1.3,

I've heard its buggy, is that true? - I will be using Ipodtouchmasters method of jailbreaking it.

Does: Iphysics, SummerBoard, Sketches work on this version? as they are the main apps im interrested in having ^^

Thanks,

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. synagence

synagence New Member

The few reasons i can think of for waiting are:

1. Current 1.1.3 JB uses the iphone firmwre on the ipod
    2. Current jailbreak while working is a little messy
    3. Unknown as to what happens when SDK / iTunes delivered apps try to get installed
    4. As well as wanting to wait until the SDK based stuff had come out to stop a jailbreak compromise by apple, it could be that the dev team wanted to see if the jailbreak was compatible

The current JB is fine ... but i think i am waiting until the "official" post-SDK jailbreak arrives for the ipodt
  3. gottabeandrew

gottabeandrew New Member

Summerboard doesn't work so there's no customisation and nor do a few other apps (havn't tried sketches yet). iPhysics works. If you don't get the 5 apps and the ability to drag the stuff around the home screen and add webpages to the homescreen then i suggest not bothering because the new dock looks awful and for a few bug fixes, its just not worth it. If you get the 5 apps and other stuff then you ned up with lots of messages telling you its 1.1.3 jailbroken and random messages and when you go to delete webclips that doesn't display right. I might downgrade to 1.1.2 soon.

In conclusion - its not worth it.
  4. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ok thanks for your replies, I guess i won't as i have all the new features anyway, i just wanted a few other games and stuff, but maybe when Apple release the new update in Februray, someone may be nice enough to send off a free source

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks.