Downloading ToolChain sdk

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by xlordt, Nov 27, 2009.

1. xlordt

xlordt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Were can I find the toolchain link for linux and windows? preferably linux. I read the similar threads and could not find any thing to download except for winchain that also seems to be outdated.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    nm, I found this http://code.google.com/p/iphonedevonlinux/wiki/Installation, hopefully its what I am looking for.
  2. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    there is not SDK for the iphone on pc or linux mac only :/
  3. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wrong! If you want to create jailbreak apps you can use the toolchain. The SDK is NOT required for iPhone jailbreak development, you only need it if you want to distribute your apps in the app store, sign them, etc.

@xlordt: I think the link you supplied is good! I don't need the toolchain so I won't bother setting it up, but it looks like that site might be helpful.

BTW: Wrong section! Shouldn't be in Tutorials!
  4. xlordt

xlordt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ahh thanx for the update lauNchD, I do have a problem though.. the sdk that I downloaded whas 3.1.2, but the toolchain on http://code.google.com/p/iphonedevonlinux/wiki/Installation is 3.0. Is there a script for 3.1 instead of 3.0? unless I can find the 3.0 sdk. Also note that I will be coding in both platforms windows and linux.. but 90% on linux.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Can someone please tell me were to find sdk 3.0, I have latest and I keep getting errors cause the toolchain is for 3.0. I cant seem to find it in the apple dev site.