Downloading through an app, need help

Discussion in 'Jiggy Runtime Development' started by hockeypanda32, Apr 14, 2008.

1. hockeypanda32

hockeypanda32 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have been posting around here asking for a lot of help around the past month and have learned a lot about Jiggy. I am currently making a theme browser that I want to implement a downloader too, how would I go about making the code read from the xml so it knows where to download like a repo? Thanks for anyone who can help! i hope this can work on jiggy.
    Would I need to somehow make it unzip a file?
  2. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

Try interfacing it with the curl unix tool. I know Jiggy can do junk with binaries, so just use curl to download themes to a specific location. It's easy to use and should come (IIRC) with the BSD Subsystem. Hope this made any sense (It's 7:30 AM!)
  3. hockeypanda32

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    K but what code do I have too execute for it to use this and download from the repo?
  4. jakecigar

jakecigar New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. hockeypanda32

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ya but can I have the basic code to do this, download from zip, how can I use Curl.

Also could I do this, store the themes zipped in the app and then unzip them when you press download so it just unzips the theme and places it into the SummerBoard folder, if so could Commander or Curthard help me? or anyone who knows how to do this!

Please Register or Log in to view images