Downloading email crashes springboard! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by himynameisjesh, Mar 29, 2009.

1. himynameisjesh

himynameisjesh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok so i reset my settings on my jailbroken ipod touch 2g because something was wrong with safari and i couldnt figure it out. It fixed my problem but now when i go to the mail app, it starts downloading the new email, then before it finishes, the springboard crashes and goes into safe mode.

someone please help!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. himynameisjesh

himynameisjesh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. gigamchz

gigamchz New Member

I have that problem too! I can't figure it out. Has any one else?
  4. skullz2222

skullz2222 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe your iPod doesn't have enought Memory for it to run. Is your device jailbroken?
    Do you have lots of jailbroken apps?
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok.. here is ur problem... well... not necessarily the problem but the solution. FIRST! jailbreak. once jailbroken, go and download SBsettings from Cydia. once done, open up that and hit the more button. then once that opens, hit Extras that the bottom of the screen. Then hit the first button: "Fix User Dir Permissions"..

that will fix it.. i know this will work because if u go back a page and hit help, then scroll down, the details give this as an example... here.. this is what the whole "Extras" sections says

there u have it. hope this helped.

oh.. and u ask, why SBsettings over Bossprefs? SBsettings has a bunch of toggles and stuff that u can access any time. you don't have to quit out of ur current app to get to any of these...
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

In BossPrefs or SBSettings, tap Fix User Dir Permissions. Respring, and it should be back to normal.
  7. gigamchz

gigamchz New Member

Did that like several times. My notes are saving fine never had that problem like the fix use perms does. But yea I tryed using it and mail still crashed. Am I missig somethig?
  8. gigamchz

gigamchz New Member

I still have this problem! Please, somebody has to be able to help! I have not had mail in months. I hate Using safari to check my gmail. I did, however, try deleting my mail folder in privat/var/mobile/library that got it to download but then it crashed and got perma stuck in safe mode. Mail works in safe mode only. I re deleted the mail folder and reset it now it's back to normal but mail is still broke. It gets to the screen to create a mail account and then starts to d/load. Then crashes and I have to delete folder all over again. So you got to help please!
  9. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm guessing if this still happens try restoring it back to 2.2.1 and then don't install anything else. Just run the app to see if it crashes.