Downloaded Video on Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cowboyshootist, Nov 3, 2007.

1. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has tried downloading videos from Amazon and converting them for the Touch. I see that for many videos you have the choice of watching them on the PC or getting a mobile version. I suspect there is some basic copy protection that needs to be removed and then the video needs to be converted to an Apple compatible format. Most of the mobile videos are Windows Media Player compatible so once the copy protection is broken is would seem to be easy to do this.

I am not asking this as a way to steal the vids but rather as a way to be able to pay for them and use them on the Touch.

Has anyone tried this with any success?
  2. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Update:

I tried to run Fair4Use against the Amazon downloads and ran into an issue. The issue is that F4U doesn't work with the latest version of Windows Media Player so I'll have to downgrade or find another way.

The mobile file that Amazon sends is a .amzn so I am not sure exactly what format it is in. I'll try to run Videora against it and see what happens. UPDATE: Videora fails, copy protection error on the .amzn file.