Downloaded entire 1st season of American Dad

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Fatfrank, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Fatfrank

Fatfrank New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Onto by Ipod Touch however getting "This movie is damaged and cannot be played".

I did a "get info" on one of the episodes and obtained the following info:

Kind- MPEG-4 video file
    Size- 30.8 MB
    Bitrate- 68 kbps
    Profile- low complexity
    Channels- Stereo
    Total bit rate- 199 kbps
    Video Dimensons- 320 x 240
    Video Codec- H.264

Video plays perfectly on my Quicktime player.

Am I doing something wrong.
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

I've had that error lately on a podcast that I subscribe to. A bunch of them gave that error while others were fine.
  3. onyxd

onyxd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try renaming them... i used to have a problem on not being able to load them on my itunes or ipod then someone told me to rename the files in to a shorter one (if its too long) then it will work again..
  4. macdog303

macdog303 Member

You're probably going to need to convert it. This happened to me too once. Try videora.
  5. yonga

yonga New Member

macdog303, I think that as a mod on this forum it's important that you use correct English in your posts. People make enough language mistakes as it is and I think that at least the makers, moderators and other responsible people for a website should try to be as correct as possible. Typos can always happen, but I'm referring to "Your" instead of "You're".

"You're probably going.."

No hard feelings!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

i don't think it matters, I could easily tell what he was trying to say
  7. yonga

yonga New Member

I understood him, too, but that's not the point. This new SMS/chat/IM-age seems to bring with it a whole new wave of illiteracy. Or probably more correctly, those who were never really good at writing correctly now write much more publicly and thus "inspire" others who are not so apt at writing to keep (or even start) making mistakes themselves.

Don't get me wrong, guys. I'm not saying that you're all illiterate. I'm talking more about a general development that seems to be happening.

Well.. this is a whole topic by itself. I opened a thread for this somewhere on this board.

Don't worry, I think it's important to mention this, but I won't start b*tching about it.
  8. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

I think someone can be illiterate to a certain extent, meaning someone can use slang, mispell things, and etc. As long as I'm able to understand, and identify what he is saying, no big. But unless the guy is like "guyz, hep mee my ipod brokedd and jailbreakk waz screwey! can sumeone help me!" That is deeply exaggerated, but you get the point. (I've actually seen someone post something really similar tho, and I'm sure you guys have too) Anyways it don't matter to me, as long as it is not crossing the line...
  9. kevio

kevio New Member

Who are you? The grammar police? This is the second post I've read where you try to correct people on their grammar. First, there are people from all over the world on this forum. Not all of them speak English as their primary language. Second, many people are posting directly from their iPods. And we all know that it's not the easiest device to type on. So there is a lot of truncating. Lastly, who cares? We aren't here to learn correct sentence structure.
  10. yonga

yonga New Member

To be honest I think you're right..

This forum is about fun and learning about the Touch. After re-reading my posts I think I'm being a bit too serious about the whole "correct writing" issue.

My apologies to those who felt offended! That was not my intention.

Let's keep Touching!